Now before I say anything that insinuates we disliked our situation back then I should say we were doing extremely well financially. To give you a quick insight into what that meant for us, we spent over $35,000 on our weddings (we eloped and then threw a gorgeous reception a week later) and we paid for this wedding in cash. Not one dime went on a credit card or was borrowed money. We also hadn't saved a single penny prior to. It took us under 10 months to pay for the entire thing, which we did one month at a time. The money was spent on three main values for us: our wedding bands, our photographers and our venues.
Other people had taken this path before us and some of them were actually sticking it out. Isn't it intruguing to see another person being successful? It is a reminder that we're not held captive by our pre-existing belief systems or boundaries - anyone has the capability can do great things with their lives. It truly is possible to rethink and recreate our lives. It took that huge leap of faith and whatever-it-takes mindset to really understand what that meant. When you see other people deciding to live better quality, more purpposeful lives - it doesn't matter who you are- it makes you do one of two things:
#1 - You become envious
#2 - You become inspired
We took action. We sought out a company that completely aligned with our values in terms of the products they provided. We fell in love with their philanthropic efforts all over the globe. I studied the compensation plan for six weeks straight until I confidently knew my way through the entire thing and could explain and teach it to others. What I came to realize was the level of freedom this kind of a business structure could actually build for our little family - but also how I could reach out and help so many other lives around me. There is no ceiling, there is no risk, there is hardly any start up cost, the products are amazing quality and the company had been around for decades. I won't lose my job and my pay is indicative of the effort I put into my business, not what my employer deems satisfactory. My earning potential is virtually endless and I immediately knew when other people came to understand those points, they'd want a more stable future, too.
We dove in.
Guys, we could have looked for other jobs. We could have chosen to live the rest of our lives being underpaid (we are really hard working people, where are my hard working people at?) but we'd never be completely fulfilled. We so yearn to travel the world together and we can't possibly do that with underpaying careers. We can, however, build our lifestyle through Young Living's business opportunity. We're going to buy the products anyways! They're the best quality essential oils we have ever used. They've got the cleanest makeup on the planet. They have the best solution for supplements out there! If we believe so much in the products we would refer them to people anyways, so why not build a business. Remember how we talked about our cushy jobs and comfortable lifestyle? Remember the economy fell apart a little bit and how much that had affected Colin's previous position? We grow this Network Marketing business all over the world. It isn't based on one economy and this business is residual income.
You're so lucky.
Moving to the Okanagan was luck?
Building a Network Marketing business was luck?
Au contraire, my lovely friends. It was courage and grit and empowerment. Some of it was a little fear as well. Both of our fathers have been recently laid off from their jobs, both in their 50's and both having been at their jobs for over 20 years. That fear of being in that position drives us even harder. Something we didn't even know was in us until we tried. The hard working and determined people we are made this possible. Not one drop of luck was involved at all. However, it has created a space where other people can connect with us and be introduced to a 24 year old Network Marketing company that has empowered the lives of millions of people world wide. Network Marketing has had a bad rap, and rightly so. Young Living Essential Oils has 94% product users, which means we are a product based company and we're changing people's minds about Network Marketing one day at a time. The remaining 6% is the number of people who actually build the business - that's us! And it can be you, too.
What comes in a YL Premium Starter Kit?
So what should you do when your Essential Rewards order arrives at your door?
Connect With Team ESOS
Are You Ready To Make A Change?
Step #1 - Take Action
Step #2 - Ask Questions
- what is a carrier oil?
- how do we properly dilute essential oils?
- what essential oils are good for cough & cold
- do essential oils really work?
- how do I get free diffusers?
- what is Essential Rewards?